Permanent Full-Time Position
£26,000 – £28,000 per annum
Solihull, West Midlands
Vienna Kang Advocates is a niche firm specialising in the defence of serious crime. We are frequently instructed to represent and defend in extremely serious cases, involving some of the most notorious crimes prosecuted in recent times and quite often cases attracting national notoriety.
As a modern and dynamic firm, we embrace the latest technology and cutting-edge practices in our strive for excellence. We pride ourselves on thorough and robust defence case preparation, working hard to formulate novel points to enable us to articulate powerful and compelling submissions on behalf of those whom we represent.
We are fortunate to benefit from a solid team of talent comprising some of the best Solicitors and Barristers who are eminent within their profession. We are continually expanding and are now seeking to develop that team further by the addition of a Legal Cashier to work alongside our current Legal Cashier to support the Commercial Manager in the provision of Financial Services to the practice by providing competent and efficient assistance in Cashier / Book – Keeping duties.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- To support the operation of the firm’s accounting system
- To ensure that all banking is done daily as directed
- To ensure that Client Account is never allowed to overdraw
- To produce various reconciliations
- To enter postings to the accounts system and case management system daily
- To raise private client invoices and post into the case management system
- To raise client to office transfer paperwork.
- To raise various Legal Aided invoices and process monthly billing submissions.
- To execute Telegraphic Transfers
- To ensure that all purchase invoices are dealt with in a timely manner
- To deal directly with Clients when receiving payment by card
- To ensure that all closed accounts are authorised and that nil balances are achieved before archiving
- To assist in archiving files
- To support the operation of the departments credit control system
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision
- To assist in liaising with the IT company to resolve staff queries/set up accounts and other ad hoc tasks
- To carry out other ad hoc tasks as required
The most suitable candidate should ideally have a minimum of 3 years practical experience within a Legal Practice. They must have working knowledge of the accounting principles, Solicitors Accounts Rules, Purchase and Sales ledger experience and good computer skills. Medium – Advanced Microsoft Excel experience would be beneficial with a basic knowledge essential.
Must be AAT qualified.
Attention to detail is essential.
Salary £26,000 – £28,000 per annum
25 days holiday + Public Holidays
Applications by e-mail to Gemma Morris: firstname.lastname@example.org