LEGAL ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
Permanent Full-Time Position
£ EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE
Birmingham Business Park
Vienna Kang Advocates is a niche firm specialising in the defence of serious crime. We are frequently
instructed to represent and defend in extremely serious cases, involving some of the most notorious
crimes prosecuted in recent times and quite often cases attracting national notoriety.
As a modern and dynamic firm, we embrace the latest technology and cutting-edge practices in our
strive for excellence. We pride ourselves on thorough and robust defence case preparation, working
hard to formulate novel points to enable us to articulate powerful and compelling submissions on
behalf of those whom we represent.
We are fortunate to benefit from a solid team of talent comprising some of the best Solicitors and
Barristers who are eminent within their profession. We are continually expanding and are now
seeking to develop that team further by the addition of an Accounts Assistant to support the Finance
Manager in the provision of Financial Services to the practice by providing competent and efficient
assistance in accounts duties.
Responsibilities will include but not exclusively comprise of to the following:
- To support the operation of the firms accounting system
- To ensure that all banking is done daily as directed
- To assist in producing and manage various reconciliations, ensuring all are completed on time
- To ensure the postings to the accounts system and case management system are completed
- To raise private client invoices
- To produce client to office transfer paperwork
- To raise various Legal Aid invoices and assist in processing monthly billing submissions
- To execute Telegraphic Transfers
- To ensure that all purchase invoices are dealt with in a timely manner
- To deal directly with Clients when receiving payment by card
- To ensure that all closed accounts are authorised and that nil balances are achieved before
- To assist in archiving files
- To support the operation of the departments credit control system
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision
- To update various Excel spreadsheets regarding billing and reporting
The most suitable candidate should ideally have a minimum of 1 year practical experience within
accounting. Working knowledge of the accounting principles, Solicitors Accounts Rules would be
beneficial. Purchase and Sales ledger experience, Reconciliation experience and good computer skills
are essential. Medium Microsoft Excel knowledge necessary.
Attention to detail is essential.
Salary £ EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE dependent upon abilities and skills
33 days Holiday including Public Holidays
Applications by e-mail to Gemma Morris: email@example.com